• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Contract Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmathews

In Massachusetts in 2010 i signed a contract with a individual stating we be 50/50 partners in business conducted thru a website company know as servicemagic.com and share profits from such. I had the state licenses and controlled the repairs, installations, & finances, the other person was responsible for sales, contracts & assisting with repairs and installations. after about 6 months i found out he was stealing behind my back, i dont have credible evidence, but after doing a background check on him, i found he had a vast criminal background, and he also started to fail to show up for work when required. i closed the account on the site and told him i was dissolving the agreement, he refused to sign anything and threatened if i went back to the site, without him he would sue. my question is, my contract with him states "servicemagic.com" the company changed it's name a few years ago to homeadvisor.com, does that void my contract now? can i go back to homeadvisor.com open a account and not have to do business with him? is there a time limit he has to pursue a legal action against our contract?.

thanks for any info.

LdiJ

In Massachusetts in 2010 i signed a contract with a individual stating we be 50/50 partners in business conducted thru a website company know as servicemagic.com and share profits from such. I had the state licenses and controlled the repairs, installations, & finances, the other person was responsible for sales, contracts & assisting with repairs and installations. after about 6 months i found out he was stealing behind my back, i dont have credible evidence, but after doing a background check on him, i found he had a vast criminal background, and he also started to fail to show up for work when required. i closed the account on the site and told him i was dissolving the agreement, he refused to sign anything and threatened if i went back to the site, without him he would sue. my question is, my contract with him states "servicemagic.com" the company changed it's name a few years ago to homeadvisor.com, does that void my contract now? can i go back to homeadvisor.com open a account and not have to do business with him? is there a time limit he has to pursue a legal action against our contract?.

thanks for any info.
Only someone who could review your actual agreement with the individual could advise you on the matter.

adjusterjack

after doing a background check on him, i found he had a vast criminal background,
Should have checked him out before going into business with him. Lesson learned.

my question is, my contract with him states "servicemagic.com" the company changed it's name a few years ago to homeadvisor.com, does that void my contract now?
I'm going to take a wild guess and say no, it doesn't void your contract.

Consult an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">