• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Contract Suggestions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jondoe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have a product Im trying to get off the ground. I have to work with a company that has the machinery etc to produce it. There is no way I can do it on my own. I dont have the resources to do it on my own. I met with one small business who was excited over the idea long story straight they havent done anything so I met with another firm to see if they could help. They were so impressed and knew where I was coming from (frustration with the other guy) they offered to redo my prototype for free to make it right and move forward. Well they are doing the same thing in dragging their feet!

Must be something in the water here.

First off I know what many will be saying "you need a patent". 1) No I dont 2) My cousin is a patent attorney and told me the truth about patents 3) No matter what you do there is always a knockoff 4) only one, maybe a few companies have really been able to hold a monopoly on a product. Longest is Polaroid, they pat every component and all processes. Kodak tried and got nailed in the 80's. Apple kinda has with the features on its iPhone but nothing like what Polaroid has done.

Now that thats out of the way Im looking for some type of contract where I can hold someone or a companys feet to fire to follow through on their promises. I dont know where to start or what to look for. I need something that says company X will do A,B,C by such and such date. If there are problems/ delays they will notify me. I just want something I can say hey "you agreed to this wheres my product"?

tranquility

While you can write a contract with penalty clauses, they must reflect your damages and can be used if damages would be difficult to calculate.

There is no way to demand success and make a profit if you don't get it because no one would willingly guarantee you a profit. That would be silly. But, there are some things you can do to help. They are not do it yourself type of things so, see an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">