• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Partnership agreement - what to do for best protection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deepu_p

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

1) Is a partnership agreement recorded at the local county in CA? Not an LLC, but a business partnership that is investing in a property development, so something that lasts for a year or two.
2) I understand there is no liability protection with a standard partnership, but is it legally enforceable if it is merely signatures of the two partners?
3) Are there suggested approaches to make a partnership agreement more valid? Is there a standard template that is available online for me to use? Again the purpose is for the partners to bring in equal equity and share profits equally on one property project - which is why it is a temporary partnership agreement (for the course of the project)

Appreciate any help

Thank You,
DP

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

1) Is a partnership agreement recorded at the local county in CA? Not an LLC, but a business partnership that is investing in a property development, so something that lasts for a year or two.
2) I understand there is no liability protection with a standard partnership, but is it legally enforceable if it is merely signatures of the two partners?
3) Are there suggested approaches to make a partnership agreement more valid? Is there a standard template that is available online for me to use? Again the purpose is for the partners to bring in equal equity and share profits equally on one property project - which is why it is a temporary partnership agreement (for the course of the project)

Appreciate any help

Thank You,
DP
You really should , both you and your partner, seek an attorney for this deal. A legally PROPER contract will protect you both.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">