• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business venture

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marksmithlive4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello legal experts, I have a question for you:

I work for a company that's got a business ventures division. I got approached by a startup based overseas that would like me to intermediate with my company and see if they are interested in taking an investment stake in the startup. The startup is willing to pay me and so I am interested. But would this be considered a conflict of interest?

Also, I believe that my company and the startup would deal directly with each other if I were to pass along contact information and so I have no guarantee that I'd get paid should a deal be made. I suppose I could make the startup sign a contract with me, but how could the contract be enforced since the startup is not under US jurisdiction?

Any advice you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.
Mark

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">