• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can the owner change agreement so close to date?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cray78

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

my partners and i run a promotion co. in iowa. we had an event scheduled for sat. aprill 11th. the venue was decided roughly a month ago. the agreement with the owner was for us to give him $100 as well as $500 for security at the event. it was agreed that if we provided our own security the $500 fee would be waived. over this past weekend, one of my partners received a call from the local police department suggesting we hire off duty officers at the event. my partner declined and explained that we have our own security and it would not be necessary. today the owner of the building contacted my partner and said the police officer was his son and he persuaded him to change the terms of the agreement. now we either will have to pay the $500 before the doors to the building can be open to us. my partner reminded the owner that this was not part of the agreement and the owner replied he has to change the terms. is it possible for the owner to change the terms 3 days before the event?

CraigFL

If everything is in writing and both of you agreed to it with signatures, he can't change it unilaterally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">