• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Damage During Repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cfinkley

I left my car to have parts of my transmission repaired. When my car was returned to me, every window of my car had a line through the tint. It was not previously there. I spoke with the manager and he asked me to go to a tint shop to ask what may have caused this. The tint company stated it could have been cut, endured too much heat, or some type of amnonia fumes were in contact with the car. They also stated that it was not wear and tear due to all of the car windows having the line through it at the same time. The woman I spoke with at the auto repair company was extremely rude and said they would not be paying for anything. Before I left my car, I did have to sign a waiver regarding me being ok with leaving my car in their possession. Is there anything that can be done?

quincy

I left my car to have parts of my transmission repaired. When my car was returned to me, every window of my car had a line through the tint. It was not previously there. I spoke with the manager and he asked me to go to a tint shop to ask what may have caused this. The tint company stated it could have been cut, endured too much heat, or some type of amnonia fumes were in contact with the car. They also stated that it was not wear and tear due to all of the car windows having the line through it at the same time. The woman I spoke with at the auto repair company was extremely rude and said they would not be paying for anything. Before I left my car, I did have to sign a waiver regarding me being ok with leaving my car in their possession. Is there anything that can be done?
What is the name of your state, Cfinkley?

You could have a claim against the car place but it could be difficult to show the before and after (i.e., that the lines were not previously there).

justalayman

I wouldn't pay you anything either, at least based on what the tint shop said.

Either a cut or exposure to heat or exposure to ammonia

A cut is a cut. The other things aren't going to give you a cut. Given they don't know the difference between a cut and whatever damage the other two could cause I wouldn't believe them either.

xylene

You need to sumbit a claim and an estimate in writing to the auto repair shop by certified mail. See how that goes.

Stop making calls.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">