• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case Proceedings Help (Michigan)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcn220

Hello, I am currently in the middle of a contract dispute with a former partner. I want to be careful not to get too much into details, but during the discovery period, we caught the my former partner in countless lies. Even worse, the guy was doing funny accounting (write offs, phony employees, forged documents, 2 sets of books, some even worse stuff). I already know I have enough to whistle blow him to several government agencies. To be honest, I almost think my partner maybe a little crazy because he was pretty brazen in how he managed the business.

I am probably sounding too vague, so let me get to my question...I am starting to think my former partner wants our financial dispute to be a war of attrition. He probably looks at it as a tax write-off, since he still works. He forced me into an early retirement so this is coming out of my pocket. The discovery period seems to never end, and his attorneys are constantly drumming up new questions about how the accounting was done, as opposed to just using the contract terms we had set up.

I am also worried my attorney has no qualms letting this battle never end, so long as he can bill me lots of money a month. Anyways, is it possible for us to file a motion with the court to proceed to either arbitration or court? I already feel if this were to leave the discovery period, I would easily get some settlement.

My story has remained the same the whole time, and I have the contracts, business associates, etc to back my case. My partner is only working off hearsay...and on top of that, we found evidence that could even put him in jail. I am sure his attorneys DO NOT want this to go to trail, esp since their client's character will be butchered, not just for the lies but criminal behavior. Sorry this message is long, it is just getting frustrating, esp in this economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">