• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell phone business owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cornfediowan

Iowa.

I was recently a dealer for a small cell phone company. We sold their contract plans based upon the credit scores that they said were passing. We had to purchase our own phones, and discount them at our will, and then they would pay us a large commission for each sale. Part of the way through being a dealer, they came up with a promotion "that they would only allow us to do", that basically allowed anyone with a debit or checking account to activate with no deposit. Needless to say, we promoted this, and got many sales from it. After a few months of this promotion, HUGE numbers of customers were not paying their bill, and I was getting all of my commission reversed, and the customers still owned their phones in which I was unable to retrieve. Needless to say I did not break even on these sales, I lost a lot of money on each sale based upon the ridiculous promotions put on by this company. Do I have any right or ability to go after this lost money?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">