• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing the point of hire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jemmoh

2 years ago after finishing a job with an organization in Philippines I applied to another organization in Indonesia. They hired me on a two year contract. In that contract, my point of hire was Philippines which is a problem since I am an American and it needs to be United States. I pointed this problem on the contract but they said that they could only change it in a new contract. I finished that contract and willing to sign a new contract if they would change the point of hire to my home in United States. Is there something legal that I could use for them to change my point of hire to United States? Thanks

eerelations

Not in US law there isn't.

In Indonesian law? Maybe. But this site doesn't deal in Indonesian law, only US law. You need to find a site that deals in Indonesian law to help you.

(And I can understand why the Indonesian company is reluctant to change the point of hire to the US. If in fact you were in the Philippines at the point of hire, then that might be lying, according to Indonesian law. But really, who knows? No one here.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">