• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cheated out of My Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rizinstarr509

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?New York
I'm trying to get some info on my rights after selling my business in January of this year. The gentleman who "purchased" the Mobil Convenience store defrauded me, and to date, has paid me no money. His original excuse was that he could not put the money in escrot because the state would take all the money. Not an issue for me, as I still owe over $30,000 for NY State Sales Tax. We entered into contracts that were fraudulent and underminded. Mobil Oil has made no effort to help collect my money. The story is way to indepth to try and explain. Though, my attorney says that though we've started proceedings to sue the gentleman, it would be over a year before we settled. How can that be? How can this man claim income for the establishment that he has not paid a penny for? What are my legal rights to attempt to collect from him? Can anyone steer me to someone who could agressively pursue my case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">