• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children sleeping in Human waste at a hotel.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hackman23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law): Minnesota

A week ago there was an unfortunate accident at the hotel I work at that involved two people dying. They died on the bed from a drug overdose in the nude, The released them selves on the bed. the next day I found out that my employer just changed the sheets and rented it the next day with the bed still containing contaminates ( blood, urine, feces). The housekeepers told me they sprayed the bed with disinfectant spry ( household) and changed the sheets, that was it. Are my employers breaking any laws in doing this? Are they allowed to let there customers sleep in this filth that might contain virus's and infectious diseases ? I have told my employer that they need to get the room professionally cleaned several times by like servpro and throw out the mattress but they wont do it. What can be done ?

Thank you !

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law): Minnesota

A week ago there was an unfortunate accident at the hotel I work at that involved two people dying. They died on the bed from a drug overdose in the nude, The released them selves on the bed. the next day I found out that my employer just changed the sheets and rented it the next day with the bed still containing contaminates ( blood, urine, feces). The housekeepers told me they sprayed the bed with disinfectant spry ( household) and changed the sheets, that was it. Are my employers breaking any laws in doing this? Are they allowed to let there customers sleep in this filth that might contain virus's and infectious diseases ? I have told my employer that they need to get the room professionally cleaned several times by like servpro and throw out the mattress but they wont do it. What can be done ?

Thank you !
You can contact your city and/or state health departments to report unsanitary conditions in the hotel.

Minnesota Lodging Rules and Statutes: http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/lodging/rule.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">