• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collections and Contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rstreng

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I own a small staffing company in the Dallas area. We placed a consultant with a client last year. We agreed on a contract but the client never signed. He just sent an email with "confirmed" indicating that he agreed on all the terms. The client was always a slow payer, getting 2-3 months behind before we would threaten to pull the consultant off and then they would pay. After 6 months, they hired our consultant on as a full time employee which was aggreable with us, however they were still deliquent in payment on invoices for the contract services. The employee quit after 3 months of full time employement and the client is refusing to pay us the $17K owed from the contract services (there was no fee when he was hired on as an employee). There is no dispute in hours or rate because the client insisted on very detailed timesheets signed by the client manager. They have stopped all communication with me and will not return any calls or emails.

Questions:

Is my contract enforceable if he didn't sign it but did agree via email?

If it is enforceable, there is a clause that we must got to arbitration for any disputes. Can I force them into arbitration or should I sue??

Thanks for any help.

RS in Dallas

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">