• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Colorado "Answer under Simplified Civil Procedure."

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calicosandi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California & Colorado.

Today I received a Civil Complaint from a collection agency that represents a Franchisor that I had a contract with for 8 years. I live in California.They are demanding that I appear in person in Jefferson county court (Colorado) to respond, or submit an answer to the complaint by mail. I do not know the rules for the CRCCP No.3 for the state of Colorado. Is there a website that will explain how to properly answer the complaint? I believe that they are using a court that is in the incorrect venue because California Franchise regulations and Business & Professions code states that franchisors doing business in California may only sue franchisees in the county that the franchisee is operating in.

Can I hand print a response? Can I attach a separate statement to the response. How "legalese" does my response have to be?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">