• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contactor terminted, subcontractor question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mauler01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

i am a subcontractor, the contractor i work for called me last night july 23 , 2009 and told me that a company he contracts for is eliminating service on 8/1/2009. the termination has nothing to do with the quality of service, it is an economical cutback. I sub contract this work. that gives me 8 days left of work. i talked to the contractor who i have know all my life and asked him if that was legal, he does not care.
what i know about the contracts are that about 2 years ago they had the contractor sign one, and they never mailed him a copy back.
am i roght to assume that even if there is no contract that verbal or assumed work, the company must give the contractor 30 days minimum?
is there anything that i can do?

mauler01

so even though we have been doing business with this company for 15 years since no contract was signed by them they can just terminate at any moment?

i meant is there anything legally that they are doing wrong that i can keep the contract for at least a little longer untill i can find something else?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">