• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SoulVein

What is the name of your state? ARIZONA

My fiance spoke to a venue early part of august regarding renting out some space from them. When she left the venue that day they did not absolutely agree on what spaces woudl be rented out. But they did agree on how long(duration of time) the space would be rented out. The owner agreed they would open the bar at no costs abd asked me to get back to her the next day. My fiance called her the next day and said that she wanted to rent out the two spaces and that she would be down on the 16th of August to drop off a deposit. There was nothign signed at this point. On the 16th of August a $400.00 deposit was put down on a $1000.00 dollar space. At this point, a receipt was issued for the deposit......it was to be opened from 7pm till 3am with Live Sound. Last week Sept 25th through the 30th the call was placed from the venue to my fiance stating that if we wanted to keep it open longer than 1:00 o clock am it woudl be $100.00 per hour after that to keep it open. A few days ago my fiance called the venue, the owner then said we are unable to keep it open past midnight because of the neighbors and a sound ordinance. My fiance told her she would get back to her. She in turn after this panicked and started looking for a new venue because her event is in eleven(11) days and her talent is booked and paid for till 3am. Everyday since she was told that she cannot have the venue open past midnight i have gotten 'that the owner is not in' her deposit is non-refundable due to a contract that was signed on the 16th of August, the only thing my fiance has is a receipt carbon-copy of the desposit. What are my fiance's RIGHTS??

Sincerely,

Paul

SoulVein

BelizeBreeze said:
And why doesn't your fiance have a copy of the contract that was signed?

Oh Gosh i'm sorry i totally forgot to put in their a major point, and that is the fact that there IS NOT A CONTRACT TO HER KNOWLEDGE THAT SHE DOES NOT EVEN KNOW OF A SINGLE ONE, THE only thing she has is a reciept of the sales stating the pertinent information of the venue and ( ie: venue time, setup, duration of event, deposit to be made, and a signature from the venue secretary only). My fiance did not sign anything anywhere. Now that this is more clear what is the option or options she has to fight to get her refund back?

Sincerely,

Paul :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">