• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract CNX Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JMadison

I am a Business Broker in NJ and after several meetings with a client, they signed a listing agreement with my company for their business. A day or two later they sent me a letter indicating that they want to cancel and withdraw the listing to sign a new listing with a "friend." My contract specifically states that any cancellation and withdrawal will result in my commission payable immediately. There isn’t any wordage in the contract such as a 3 day review or any "cooling off" period. The commission isn't much, but I feel cheated. Do I have a leg to stand on if I want to pursue my commission? FYI, no real estate is involved. Thank You.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">