• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Language

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madeofteflon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois.

I'm considering doing "expense reduction audits" for hotel & resort properties. This is done on a contingency fee basis. (no cost savings found, no fee). The outright disclaimer is that there is no guarantee that any savings will be discovered. My main concern is the cost of E&O insurance. Can language be written into a contract that basically protects me from lawsuits other than the normal "general liability" kind (i.e., non-performance)? In addition, can some type of disclaimer be written that says "the final decision as to the validity" of the obeservations/findings rest with the client? In other words, I'm looking for contract language that will lower my risk and decrease the cost of professional liability insurance (O&E). Thanks.

JETX

I'm looking for contract language that will lower my risk and decrease the cost of professional liability insurance (O&E). Thanks.
What you are asking for is legal SERVICES... which is beyond the scope of this ADVICE forum.
Please contact a local attorney who can review your concerns and draft the documents you are requesting.
Go to: www.attorneypages.com

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Let me rephrase my original post. Is language like that feasible in a contract?
Allow me to rephrase Jet's reply:

What you are asking for is legal SERVICES... which is beyond the scope of this ADVICE forum.
Please contact a local attorney who can review your concerns and draft the documents you are requesting.
Go to: www.attorneypages.com

madeofteflon

Apology

Sorry, I guess I didn't understand how this forum website worked.
I thought I would get some general responses from casual observers who may have had this type of experience. I will seek out an attorney and hold on to my wallet as best I can. By the way, that last sarcastic reply wasn't necessary, but I guess since you are "senior members" I dare not say anything more.

HomeGuru

I thought I would get some general responses from casual observers who may have had this type of experience. I will seek out an attorney and hold on to my wallet as best I can. By the way, that last sarcastic reply wasn't necessary, but I guess since you are "senior members" I dare not say anything more.
**A: I had a lot of advice on this subject to post but after your comment, all I can say is good luck to you.

madeofteflon

Good luck to you too.

Yes, and I was going to donate a large portion of my lottery winnings to the poor people, but since they offended me by begging on the street corners, all I will tell them is best of luck too.
In reality, I realize the futility of seeking out any meaningful advice off of a message board. The previous responses were correct, seek out a lawyer. That's what I intend to do. I think in the military we had a name for "advice" given from attorney wannabe's. We called them sh*t-house lawyers. In other words, they disperse their musings from the outhouse, and write their briefs on their briefs.
Thanks anyway, and "best of luck to you too".

Zigner

Yes, and I was going to donate a large portion of my lottery winnings to the poor people, but since they offended me by begging on the street corners, all I will tell them is best of luck too.
In reality, I realize the futility of seeking out any meaningful advice off of a message board. The previous responses were correct, seek out a lawyer. That's what I intend to do. I think in the military we had a name for "advice" given from attorney wannabe's. We called them sh*t-house lawyers. In other words, they disperse their musings from the outhouse, and write their briefs on their briefs.
Thanks anyway, and "best of luck to you too".
Funny thing is: Nobody dispensed any legal advice here, as you what need is beyond the scope of this forum - :rolleyes:

madeofteflon

Once again, my apology.

I didn't say anyone dispensed legal advice on this forum now did I? Go back and read my post. I explained (jokingly) what we observed in the military. OK? Got it? And if my original question was beyond the scope of this board, why did one of the responses state they were going to provide some insight until they apparently got their delicate feelings hurt?
Please, I think I got the point.

Zigner

I didn't say anyone dispensed legal advice on this forum now did I? Go back and read my post. I explained (jokingly) what we observed in the military. OK? Got it? And if my original question was beyond the scope of this board, why did one of the responses state they were going to provide some insight until they apparently got their delicate feelings hurt?
Please, I think I got the point.
You need to work on your communication skills

madeofteflon

Communication Skills

You need to work on your "observation" skills. Did you go back and read the post like I suggested? And once again I will ask, if my question was beyond the scope of this board, then why was one of the responders willing to provide some insight until he got his delicate feelings hurt? I guess you don't care for someone who doesn't take someone elses guff?

JETX

Gee... and after reading your increasingly hostile posts in this forum... How do I KNOW that you are going to 'stall, crash and burn' in your endeavor to offer 'expense reduction audits' to hotels and resorts... that won't put up with your attitude?? :D :D :D:eek:

madeofteflon

Thanks Dr. Phil

Well, I guess since you couldn't provide any so called "legal" advice, you found a new avenue by becomings the boards own Dr. Phil? Now your predicting my business success potential on how I deal with a message board? Whatever.
It's my agressiveness that doesn't let "can't be done" people like you stand in my way. So, you can hang around your little world here in "advice land", I'm moving on.

Isis1

Well, I guess since you couldn't provide any so called "legal" advice, you found a new avenue by becomings the boards own Dr. Phil? Now your predicting my business success potential on how I deal with a message board? Whatever.
It's my agressiveness that doesn't let "can't be done" people like you stand in my way. So, you can hang around your little world here in "advice land", I'm moving on.
and then**************.

JETX

I thought I would get some general responses from casual observers who may have had this type of experience.
And of course, that is CRAP!!

First, since you are obviously English challenged, this forum is about free LEGAL advice, not 'general responses'.

Second, for you to get what you now claim, you would have had to EXPECT that 'someone' on this forum "may have had this type of experience" doing "expense reduction audits for hotel & resort properties on a contingency fee basis". Of course, there are no such people.... or you wouldn't be trying to create that 'service'.

I will seek out an attorney and hold on to my wallet as best I can.
Wow, finally a moment of lucidity in your feeble life.
Go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">