• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Obligation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kristie_d

I found your website and was hoping you could answer a simple question I have about I contract I signed:

In May of this year I began working as a dance instructor for a woman who has a mobile dance company. At the start of employment, I signed a contract that she made which discussed my availability, a one-year commitment, restrictions about working for competitors, and pay. I asked for a copy of this contract when I signed it, and on three other occasions, but have still not received a copy. The last time I had contact with her was 12 days ago when she text-messaged me, at which time I once again requested a copy of the contract and still have not heard back from her. She won't return my calls, etc. In addition, I believe the contract discussed a pay rate that is higher than what I have been receiving.

So here is my question: What are my legal options at this point? I would like to find work for another employer but without a copy of the contract or contact with my employer, I don't know what my legal obligations are. Is there a time limit in which she must furnish me a copy, or at least have contact with me before the contract is void? Please let me know what I can do at this point!

You will be able to see a copy when she takes you to court for a breach of contract. If you had signed for a one year commitment and are no longer there in August then you have already breached the contract. Working for anther dance company would be immaterial at this point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">