• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract - Questions and Legal limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Daaku

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law): NJ

I run a man power agency as a part time, I placed one of my contractor with a company through prime vendor. There has been some pay cuts at the client place and prime vendor had to take a cut, now the prime vendor is asking us to provide the proof (copy of the invoices and checks) for the amount of money that i pay to the consultant and is also demanding that i cant have a markup higher than him. He is threatening me that he will file a claim and is asking me to release the contractor from the legal obligations so that he can hire. Here are my questions
1. There are no markup guidelines or limitations on the Prime Vendors PO, Is it legal for him to question my markup.
2. Is it legal to question copies of my invoices and payments to the contractors as a proof of what i pay the consultant.
3. I have denied to provide any copies of the invoices so far and he is threatening me that he will withhold my payments and file a claim that i have more markup than him.
4. I have a contract with my contractor saying he cant share invoices or other payment details to the client and the prime vendor and also have monetary penalty when he solicits the employment and joins the client or prime Vendor. I am not trying to purse against my contractor, but trying to find out if i can be forced to let go of this contract since i make a better cut than him.

Thanks for your inputs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">