• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract signed but not distributed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dnatal

California

I signed four copies of a contract, which was an agreement between myself and three partners, for the ownership of a corporation. This agreement was to replace a previous agreement that had expired. I was the last person to sign of the four of us. However, after signing, I was uncomfortable with the contract and did not return the signed copies to the others. On the other hand, I didn't say I wouldn't return it, I just didn't return it. So no one has the contract with signatures except for me. Now, two months have passed and I know for sure that I do not want to enter into this agreement. Can I destroy the copies, or am I obligated in any way to the contract since I signed it, even though I didn't distribute it? Since I didn't say I wasn't signing it, is that the same as having verbally agreed to the contract?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">