• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract under the laws of which state ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

travistee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

I'm a photographer who had a corporation in Florida that photographed a model in Florida in 2006.
The corporation was voluntarily disolved in Florida in 2006 and moved to CT where it was incorporated with the same name EIN etc.

Now the model does not want us to use her images any more and wants to pay us not to use them.

The proposed contract says it is under the laws of Florida, with concurrent venue allowable in CT at the election of the studio.

What does that mean?

I think that iif it is her election to have a contract with a CT corp and that it should be under the laws of CT.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

VeronicaLodge

if you signed it already it means its under the laws of Forida. if you haven't signed it and you don't want it to be under florida law, negotiate that with her.

our contract says TN and people want to change that all the time, sometimes we do and sometimes we don't.

VeronicaLodge

i would say the ball is in your court since you (I am assuming) already have the rights to publish her picture and she is going to pay you to relinquish those rights, you could just say "no" to the whole contract. if she wants it bad enough she will agree to your terms :) asking for the laws of CT is a small thing

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

I'm a photographer who had a corporation in Florida that photographed a model in Florida in 2006.
The corporation was voluntarily disolved in Florida in 2006 and moved to CT where it was incorporated with the same name EIN etc.

Now the model does not want us to use her images any more and wants to pay us not to use them.

The proposed contract says it is under the laws of Florida, with concurrent venue allowable in CT at the election of the studio.

What does that mean?

I think that iif it is her election to have a contract with a CT corp and that it should be under the laws of CT.

Any ideas?

**A: what kind of ridiculous contract are you talking about; paying her NOT to use the photos.

travistee

What if she decides to start an action against us.
Would that be in Florida or Connecticut.
The work was originally done in Florida for a Florida Corp, that is now moved
to Connecticut.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">