• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract for website programming

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BillyMako

What is the name of your state? SA

I had done some programming work for a friends website. We agreed that i would be paid and after complete the work he sent me this to sign and return to him -

I ________________________(Name Here) Sign over all exclusive rights of all
php code and mysql database work that I have provided for the development of
the xxxxxxx.com.au website. All exclusive rights means that the owners
of xxxxxxxxx.com.au (xxx) own the work I have completed and have the
right to do anything the organisation sees fit to do with it.
No further commissions will be payed to me for my work whether the
organisation uses the program I have developed or not.

For the fee off $1200 I ____________________(name here) give exclusive
rights and permission for xxxxx.com.au (xxxxx) to own all work I
have completed.

I then sent him an email saying i agree but before signing i wanted a date of when i would receive the payment by. He then contacted me the next day and said that they have now decided that they were not going to pay me at all!

Can they just decide to not pay me after sending me a contract that i agreed on???

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

Sue the bad person for stiffing you on your work in an Australian court.

BillyMako

I have already sent him a summons.

He sent me the contract after viewing the completed work but then told me when the other partners and he review the work again they decided that is was not what they want and will not be using it and therefore will not pay me.
Can they do this????

HomeGuru

I have already sent him a summons.

He sent me the contract after viewing the completed work but then told me when the other partners and he review the work again they decided that is was not what they want and will not be using it and therefore will not pay me.
Can they do this????
**A: Hello, did you read the responses?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">