• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contracts signed by employee on behalf of employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

almpizza

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

As a media buyer for my employer I signed a contract for advertising services on behalf of the company. Unfortunately, my employer has not paid the invoices for the services provided. As a result, the advertising company is attempting to hold me personally responsible for the debt and are stating that by me signing the contract I personally guaranteed payment.

My question is simple: Under WA State law, can I be held responsible to pay for the monies owed by my empoyer on this contract. It should be noted that I was given the authority by the officers of the corporation to sign the contract.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

As a media buyer for my employer I signed a contract for advertising services on behalf of the company. Unfortunately, my employer has not paid the invoices for the services provided. As a result, the advertising company is attempting to hold me personally responsible for the debt and are stating that by me signing the contract I personally guaranteed payment.

My question is simple: Under WA State law, can I be held responsible to pay for the monies owed by my empoyer on this contract. It should be noted that I was given the authority by the officers of the corporation to sign the contract.
What does the contract say about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">