• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Customer disapears for 2.5 years on unpaid billing now wants to sue me??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chad555

Long story short, I am California business owner , My customer started a job with me and about half way through I invoiced for a completed service/stage. He decided not to pay me for 2.5 years due to a lack of funds. I mailed and e-mailed the billing statement at least 5 times over a 3 month period. He disappeared would not take my call or acknowledge my billing. I have now stored his parts and even moved/transported them to my new location. He recently has came back to take possession of the rest of his property. Now he states there are missing parts. I can see the point that I should replace parts that are missing that he has paid for.. My question should he be responsible for any storage and/or moving fee’s? Is there any law that after a certain time his property become abandoned at some point or that I that I am not responsible for the property? I ask due to he’s threat to sue me over the missing parts.

Any insight or direction would be most appreciative

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">