• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dissolution of partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

opcsf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA
I recently dissolved a business partnership, but there was never a partnership agreement written, nor a dissolution agreement. We had verbally agreed on a specific payroll amount, and I acted as bookkeeper - maintaining the budgets, taxes, payroll, etc.
My ex-partner had a hard time understanding why money wasn't flooding into her pocket every day (we ran a retail business), and this was a major reason why it dissolved.
All accounts/payroll were up to date on closing, though not in my ex-partner's favor, and she is very upset that it ended up in the red (she is continuing the business). She believes that I "ripped her off", though I have repeatedly shown her the books and discussed how everything closed. She also now has control of the receipts, inventory, etc.
I had invested my own cash as start-up, while she did not invest any. I did not ask for a return on my investment upon dissolution.
I have copies of everything, and have reviewed it numerous times wondering if mistakes were made, and have not found any.
Does my ex partner have grounds to sue me for anything?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">