• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

North Carolina

My husband was a partner in a trucking company with his friend before I married him. While they were in business, they signed a contract for some type of advertisement service. Before the debt was paid, the company went under. Today he got a notice from the Sheriff's Dept. stating that he had a judgement against him for the total amount and that his property could be seized in order to satisfy the debt. My husband was never given any notice of a hearing in order to represent himself. I am wondering if they can really do that. Because this service was procured under the business, isn't his personal property safe? What about the property that we have acquired together during our marriage? Advice would be greatly appreciated!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">