• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I still have to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Done Right

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
Do I still have to pay the individuals for each of the hours they put in or can they likely win a case forcing me to pay?

I contractor was hired by the customer to have their house painted I offered 4 individuals not employees, not 1099 the opportunity to complete the task at a rate of 10/hr not to exceed 40 hours each and to be completed by Thursday June 9th verbal agreement which also they were aware was the verbal agreement with the customer. They did not finish. I am completing their work myself to keep peace with the customer. The customer also said they saw a few of them just standing outside for several hours at a time over 2 days. I was not there to witness this Apparently there were people smoking pot at the customer's home but I haven't got information as to whether or not anyone physically witnessed this. I paid 303 for a uhaul van to help the individuals for the purposes of making things move faster and easier for them. because they didn't have valid licenses and one person with a license could carpool them all which obviously still was a waste of my money. Supplies that were bought with the money the customer gave me to buy what was needed were misused and I had to buy more to help them. The job by Thursday was not even halfway completed. Do I have a leg to stand on or do they have a good chance of forcing me to pay? I am losing money being there and not getting other things done.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">