• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does website notice count?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jewels2

What is the name of your state (MI)?

Hello,

If I want to sell items out of my home and I have a website, if I put that returns are not accepted on my website, is that enough to legally protect me from having to take back returns? I do not wish to make a formal contract for smaller sales that I am selling out of my home.

Thanks!

justalayman

it needs to be so obvious it cannot be missed. I would suggest making a separate statement which the buyer must acknowledge in the affirmative before they are allowed to finalize their purchase.

You also have to be aware that a no return policy does not protect you from claims based on a claim of warranty of fitness for purpose or warranty of merchantability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">