• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Email a contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JDB123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I am a Wedding Photographer. My business has typed contracts that are signed and they are in CONCRETE!

(in this case I never mailed a contract and it was never signed etc.)

Now I have a guy, who is apparently a photographer too, who wanted me to reduce my price down about 50% to shoot his wedding. At the time I said, "$800.00 is fine. I'm not booked July 11th. Now keep in mind thats $1000.00 cheaper than my lowest package."

He emailed me back and said a few things. but we never came to an agreement... 2 days went by and then I get this email...

"I’m not sure if you got my previous email but I haven’t heard back from you and I’m looking to book ASAP to ensure I get the photographer I want. I have another photographer awaiting my decision and I would rather not string him along if I can avoid it."

And I simply said "Sorry a few things have been distracting me in the last 24 hrs. If you have another Photographer in mind then its fine if you want to go with him. It was nice talking to you. Have a good weekend!" (in the meanwhile, my grandmother is in town, had a tumor removed and I've been taking her back and forth to the doctors... so in reality I'm not thinking about any jobs right now, I'm focused on her!)

he emailed me this... "I’m sorry to hear you’ve been distracted and I pray that whatever it is works out for you! I was actually hoping to hire you but if you’re not interested, I fully understand. I have a friend that I have worked with in the past that has offered to do it for me but I would prefer not to work with a close friend in business."

and then he emailed again ... "I know you said you have been distracted lately but I have to ask, are you no longer interested in working together?"

and thats when I said no.

Now apparently he thinks that he can contact the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint that I backed down from an email price. Because its a breech of contract??????????????????????????

This is the first time that this has happened...

now he keeps emailing me and its almost stalkerish, harassing me. I haven't responded.
His tone has been horrible. I dont like his personality and I should have sensed that from the beginning... I dont want to work with someone like that... and as a photographer I do have that choice.

THEN...
He said this... "THAT is an agreement in anybody's book.... And yes, enforceable in a court of law. It's called an "express agreement" in legal terms which is as legally binding as an oral contract.. Please feel free to research it."

Once he had said that he was considering another photographer I basically said go ahead and choose him..... because at the time I was focused on my grandmother living!!!!!!! and not photography.

But the thing is I never ever agreed to that amount. We never set the time or place or anything. There was no contract. I don't understand how he can get away with this. Anyone please help! Thanks I appreciate it.

with his string of emails and tone.. he seems psycho like he was egging me on the entire time to ruin me.

Sorry for such a long post... but I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">