• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enforcing Service Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rcrzp9

Hi

I own a personal chef service in Missouri and I want to enforce a minimum number of services a client must use when they sign up. We let them have the first service as a trial, but if they continue to use us, we would like to enforce an 8 service minimum, with a 50% of remaining services penalty enforced if they quit. If we list this on our FAQ and inform each client via email before starting the service, can we enforce this?

Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi

I own a personal chef service in Missouri and I want to enforce a minimum number of services a client must use when they sign up. We let them have the first service as a trial, but if they continue to use us, we would like to enforce an 8 service minimum, with a 50% of remaining services penalty enforced if they quit. If we list this on our FAQ and inform each client via email before starting the service, can we enforce this?

Thanks!
Why not just include this in your written contract?

rcrzp9

Why not just include this in your written contract?
Hi. We don't do written contracts, typically because it scares people off a lot. So would putting the info in FAQ and informing them via email before starting be sufficient enough to enforce? Without a written contract, what's the maximum we can enforce?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi. We don't do written contracts, typically because it scares people off a lot. So would putting the info in FAQ and informing them via email before starting be sufficient enough to enforce? Without a written contract, what's the maximum we can enforce?
Why would a written contract scare anyone away?

TigerD

Hi

Thanks!
No......

TD

quincy

Hi

Thanks!
Contracts protect all parties if a dispute arises (and disputes often arise).

A contract that states there is an 8 service minimum protects the client if you decide for some reason you want to quit after 6 services, for example, just as it protects you from a client who decides for some reason s/he wants to quit after 6 services. If anyone breaches the terms of the contract, there is legal recourse available.

But I recommend you have the contract drafted by an attorney in your area to best ensure that your interests and the interests of your clients are properly addressed and to best ensure all terms of the contract are valid and enforceable.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">