• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Engineering company i hired developed identical product which is on the market

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kreamc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Engineering company i hired developed identical product for me which is already on market

I have hired a engineering company in California to develop my patent pending design, after i paid the RD fee they informed me that my current design would not be suitable for the proposed intended use. They subsequently designed and developed a new prototype to which i paid for, however during the prosecution stage of the patent procedure it was brought to my attention that there is a eire similar product to mines and i might have a problem making progress with my application. is there any recourse to be taken against the engineering firm based on the fact that an RD fee was paid. Additionally after i brought it to their attention they have refused to reply to me.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">