• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Entertainment Management Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FGillon

New Jersey

I have just started my entertainment company and I am still on a budget and can't afford for multi lawyers to prepare and look at the contracts. The wording on the ones I have are a little off and I believe it's because I am looking to do something that not many have done before. This is my first thread ever written so I'm not sure on what will come of it. Please let me know how I can show you the contract and you can help me. Thank you very much in advance.

Right now they say,

WRITTEN AMOUNT
a sum equal to (__%) ____ percent of the total gross compensation earned or received by me(artist) from ($????) _____dollars up to and including, ($????) _____dollars:

I want the contract (__%) to get smaller as we make more money not as we work for bigger amounts. Basically I want to take a certain percent until I make the artist a certain amount of money in his/her career with me and then lower my percentage. If you can help me I can show you exactly what I have.

Mass_Shyster

You are looking for legal services, not legal advice.

If you're not willing to retain legal counsel, you are playing with fire. If you get sued over a do-it-yourself contract, your changes of prevailing are pretty slim.

HomeGuru

New Jersey

I have just started my entertainment company and I am still on a budget and can't afford for multi lawyers to prepare and look at the contracts. The wording on the ones I have are a little off and I believe it's because I am looking to do something that not many have done before. This is my first thread ever written so I'm not sure on what will come of it. Please let me know how I can show you the contract and you can help me. Thank you very much in advance.

Right now they say,

WRITTEN AMOUNT
a sum equal to (__%) ____ percent of the total gross compensation earned or received by me(artist) from ($????) _____dollars up to and including, ($????) _____dollars:

I want the contract (__%) to get smaller as we make more money not as we work for bigger amounts. Basically I want to take a certain percent until I make the artist a certain amount of money in his/her career with me and then lower my percentage. If you can help me I can show you exactly what I have.

**A: you do not need multiple lawyers, you only need one good one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">