• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Equipment Lease - Product failed to deliver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

optical

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA & OH

I have situation where I purchased a software product was leased through a leasing company in OH back in Dec ’06. The total lease amount is about $22,000 and I have about $13,000 in balance.

The short of it is that it’s a non-performing lease. The product did not work as expected from the very beginning. I worked with the maker through out 2007 on the issues for months and now 2 years have past and where are not going anywhere. During this whole time I continued to pay my leasing payments.

They basically gave me false promising of a fix to the software bugs but at this point I have no desire to continue to pay for the lease. I have all the cases during the times I worked with them on their software bugs.

The leasing company says that they don’t get involve in the quality of the product and I’m obligated to pay the balance.

Where do I start to handle this? Does laws apply to me the user in CA or the leasing company in OH, or even where the maker of the software is located? Do I have a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">