• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Face to face recording conversations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcintoshjr

Washington:
I live in Washington State and am a Federal Worker.

Can I legally record conversations at work for work purposes, with one party consent. I realize that WA is an all party consent.

Again the recording would be on federal property and used Federally, most of our tele communications are recorded one party. :confused:

seniorjudge

Q: Can I legally record conversations at work for work purposes, with one party consent.

A: I realize that WA is an all party consent.

mcintoshjr

Senior Judge--

Please read the whole question, it is my understaning that federal rules apply on federal facilities. Federal is one party.

We record a couple hundered hours per day based on one party.

HomeGuru

mcintoshjr said:
Washington:
I live in Washington State and am a Federal Worker.

Can I legally record conversations at work for work purposes, with one party consent. I realize that WA is an all party consent.

Again the recording would be on federal property and used Federally, most of our tele communications are recorded one party. :confused:

**A: are you an______________worker? Fill in the blank, IRS, US Customs, DEA, Courts, Homeland Security, HUD, FBI, CIA, State Department, EPA, INS, FTC, Agriculture, FAA, BATF.............

mcintoshjr

Spying

seniorjudge said:
And why is the DOE spying on people?
We do not spy, we record call from and to our facility with a very audible tone every few seconds, there is little doubt that the line is recorded.

It is a common practice in facilities such as ours both public and Private in every state.

No more info publicly---paranoid

HomeGuru

mcintoshjr said:
We do not spy, we record call from and to our facility with a very audible tone every few seconds, there is little doubt that the line is recorded.

It is a common practice in facilities such as ours both public and Private in every state.

No more info publicly---paranoid

**A: so are you saying the recordings are already taking place?

mcintoshjr

reply4

Recordings occur on the phone, I am talking about face to face conversations which are not recorded normally. Again all on Federal property, not to be used civilly, although the conduct is deserving.

HomeGuru

mcintoshjr said:
Recordings occur on the phone, I am talking about face to face conversations which are not recorded normally. Again all on Federal property, not to be used civilly, although the conduct is deserving.

**A: the answer is no.

mcintoshjr

Ok

HomeGuru said:
**A: the answer is no.
So I am screwed then? unless I have a good hearing witness.

How can the facility record one party, and not I?

I thought that there is a federal exemption from state rules?

BelizeBreeze

mcintoshjr said:
And in answer to your Next set of circumstances, the answer is STILL No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">