• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final Waiver of Lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DarthWrath

What is the name of your state? WI
The Compnay I work for has been getting shafted by the Contractor's Company(I believe them to be related to Allied Defense) from the get go. We got a Final Waiver of Lien from them on saturday and they just called saying they need it faxed back today or they will cancel the checks. This Company is Like a Den of Snakes the suppliers in our major city will not even work with them in the future. I can't get a hold of my boss to have hime sign and I cant even take it to get notorized(which they requested). Feedback Please This group weaseled out of half of what we were supposed to get for the work we did. We lost majorly on this job. We ended up walking off the job because of difficulties recieving promised payments because at the last minute they don't send it. The CEO a "Mr. Smith" called one day and told the boss we will be getting our payemnt the next day so we started cutting payroll checks and funds never arrived. My boss is wondering about suing this company. Thank You in advance for any feedback. Or for even thinking about it.
The Contract compnay is in New Jersey.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

DarthWrath said:
What is the name of your state? WI
The Compnay I work for has been getting shafted by the Contractor's Company(I believe them to be related to Allied Defense) from the get go. We got a Final Waiver of Lien from them on saturday and they just called saying they need it faxed back today or they will cancel the checks. This Company is Like a Den of Snakes the suppliers in our major city will not even work with them in the future. I can't get a hold of my boss to have hime sign and I cant even take it to get notorized(which they requested). Feedback Please This group weaseled out of half of what we were supposed to get for the work we did. We lost majorly on this job. We ended up walking off the job because of difficulties recieving promised payments because at the last minute they don't send it. The CEO a "Mr. Smith" called one day and told the boss we will be getting our payemnt the next day so we started cutting payroll checks and funds never arrived. My boss is wondering about suing this company. Thank You in advance for any feedback. Or for even thinking about it.
The Contract compnay is in New Jersey.
Feedback?

Did you have a question?

DarthWrath

Waiver's

Can they cancel the check if waiver is not signed and nortized immedently. And Can we sue for rest pf contracted amount. For completed work. They weaseled out of half of what was owed to use based upon the contracted amount (about 132,000 due to us we got 60,000 from them. they were going to originally with hold 43,000 to cover there lost to hire someone else to do this job. This was a BIG Hotel remodel job.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">