• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Force Majeure clause in Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Imthiaz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am from UAE.

We signed a commercial supply contract with a "force majeure" clause in it, in June 2008 for supply of steel for delivery during September 2008. However due to the global financial downturn the prices plummeted 65% down in August 2008. Before we received supplies we requested for a renegotiation of prices.

I want to verify whether the financial crisis and its after effects on the material prices can be viewed as a "Force majeure" to renegotiate the supply price of the contract.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am from UAE.

We signed a commercial supply contract with a "force majeure" clause in it, in June 2008 for supply of steel for delivery during September 2008. However due to the global financial downturn the prices plummeted 65% down in August 2008. Before we received supplies we requested for a renegotiation of prices.

I want to verify whether the financial crisis and its after effects on the material prices can be viewed as a "Force majeure" to renegotiate the supply price of the contract.
US Law Only!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">