• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forms of terminating a contract / urgent help needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heloakamulher

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

First time here and running out of time, so I appologise if this has already been answered before. Hope someone is available and can help me.

I'm translating a contract from Brazilian Portuguese into English, which will be ruled by Brazilian law.

In Portuguese, the contract mentions 4 ways of putting an end to a contract:
término, rescisão, resolução ou resilição.

My daughter works in the legal field so I know (more or less) the definitions, but she doesn't speak English and I've have not been able to find the answer in any dictionary.:confused:

I went as far as "termination and rescission", but am stuck with resolução and resilição.:mad:

Look forward to get a response!
regards from cold southerrn Brazil,
Heloisa

Dandy Don

Do a GOOGLE search to see if there are any Brazilian dictionaries online, or contact any library in Brazil or do a GOOGLE search to see if there are in Brazilian translators online or in your local area, or contact the reference department of any major library or university library.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">