• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Franchise Fee Dilemma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roxymoses

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
Hi There,
I am having a problem with my franchisor with regard to franchise fees. It's kind of complicated, but due to their threatening me to close my franchise down due to poor performance, I made up customers and paid franchise fees which were fictitious. They have since closed me down via the franchise agreement and I have admitted the deception, and have asked for the return of the royaltees to the tune of about 14 thousand dollars. They have refused to repay. What are my options? thanks

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
Hi There,
I am having a problem with my franchisor with regard to franchise fees. It's kind of complicated, but due to their threatening me to close my franchise down due to poor performance, I made up customers and paid franchise fees which were fictitious. They have since closed me down via the franchise agreement and I have admitted the deception, and have asked for the return of the royaltees to the tune of about 14 thousand dollars. They have refused to repay. What are my options? thanks
I'm sorry maybe I'm not reading this riight: The franchisor took away your franchise because you're an admitted liar and can't be trusted. You're asking for money back because you pretended to have customers and pretended to have sales????

Are you serious :eek::confused::eek:

roxymoses

The franchisor was unaware of the inflated numbers until after it closed me down. This is money they did not earn and my question is can they be forced legally to pay me back.

Antigone*

The franchisor was unaware of the inflated numbers until after it closed me down. This is money they did not earn and my question is can they be forced legally to pay me back.
No court in God's green earth is going to believe you now ~ no way they can be forced to pay you back.

You thought you were doing the scamming and you ended up losing ~ hope you learned your lesson.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">