• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Freelance Contract with Author

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsoucie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

I have drawn up a contract to edit a manuscript by an author. This contract was based on a standard freelance contract that is adopted to suit individual needs. However, there is a phrase in the contract I do not understand.

In the termination clause it says that the contract can be terminated in the event of material change of circumstance. What does material change of circumstance mean?

Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

I have drawn up a contract to edit a manuscript by an author. This contract was based on a standard freelance contract that is adopted to suit individual needs. However, there is a phrase in the contract I do not understand.

In the termination clause it says that the contract can be terminated in the event of material change of circumstance. What does material change of circumstance mean?

Thanks!
What does it mean to you? What does it mean to the other party or parties involved?

We can't answer this for you. If it's ambiguous then reword the clause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">