• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garbage service problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jadeallen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvainia

My garbage company suspended my service for non payment which I understand. What I don't understand is how they can keep charging me for service even though they are not collecting my garbage, I am willing to pay for the past due service and late fees etc.. what i can't understand is how they can keep charging me when they're no longer collecting the garbage they keep sending the regular bill on top of what I owe but no pick up service can any one help me understand?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvainia

My garbage company suspended my service for non payment which I understand. What I don't understand is how they can keep charging me for service even though they are not collecting my garbage, I am willing to pay for the past due service and late fees etc.. what i can't understand is how they can keep charging me when they're no longer collecting the garbage they keep sending the regular bill on top of what I owe but no pick up service can any one help me understand?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: what did they respond with when you wrote to them and disputed the bill for services not rendered?

jadeallen

Added to garbage problem

When I called to see why they were still billing me even though they were no longer collecting my garbage they said that the contract I signed allowed them to continue billing me for garbage pick up until my original past due amount was paid. When I asked how they could legally put that in my contract they became hostile and said because I signed the contract they could bill me as long as the service was behind and suspended. I just do not understand how they can keep billing me for regular service when they suspended it and are not picking up my garbage. So if someone understands this better than I and could explain it to me I would be forever greatful! thank you in advance
- Jade

justalayman

So, does your contract allow for the charges as they are being billed?

You made a statement concerning a contract that we have not read, neither confirm not refute the statement and still want an answer.

If you signed a contract stating such, then yes, then can do exactly what they are. If you verbally agreed to a contract stating they could do what they are, then yes, they can do what they are. If this sort of situation was never addressed in any contract, then no, they cannot do what they are.

I just do not understand how they can keep billing me for regular service when they suspended it and are not picking up my garbage. So if someone understands this better than I and could explain it to me I would be forever greatful!
because you can contractually agree to just about anything that is not illegal and those terms are not illegal.

So, is there actually a contract? (btw: a contract can be oral as well as written)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">