• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gold's Gym refusing to let me take contract home.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pandac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?: Utah

I took a tour of a local Gold's Gym and spent 20 minutes with a man that tried selling me on the idea. When asked to look at the contract he gave me one, I said I would have to take it home and look at it. He said they do not allow contracts out of the facility, and I would get to take him a copy after I sign it. Although I believe this is a sales tactic to force me to sign the contract, I would still love to join Gold's Gym.

I'm not too sure if this is completely legal.

Some Random Guy

I took a tour of a local Gold's Gym and spent 20 minutes with a man that tried selling me on the idea. When asked to look at the contract he gave me one, I said I would have to take it home and look at it. He said they do not allow contracts out of the facility, and I would get to take him a copy after I sign it. Although I believe this is a sales tactic to force me to sign the contract, I would still love to join Gold's Gym.

I'm not too sure if this is completely legal.
It is perfectly legal for them not to provide you with a blank contract. Until you sign it, its just a peice of paper with black ink splotches on it. No law says they have to give it to you.

Likewise, there is no law that says you have to do business with them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">