• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help is needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zsummer

I need guidance on these for my assignment. Can anyone provide me some feedback?

Appraise the following separate and independent situations.

Question 1
(a) ​Phing, the 17-year-old daughter of a wealthy businessman is currently studying at a University College at Kelana Jaya.

(i) Last January she bought a luxury car, Audi R8, worth RM 900, 000. The car has now been delivered but she is unable to pay for it.​
​ ​
​(ii) ​Last month she bought a car called Myvi worth RM40,000 to be used as a ​transport to travel back and forth from the college.​
​​ ​
​(iii) ​She took a state loan of RM20,000 for her studies in the college.​​ (30 marks)
​
(b) ​Johnny is an old man. He has two children, Joe and Victoria. Johnny has informed everyone that when he dies, the property is to be shared equally among Joe and Victoria. He stays with Victoria and is totally dependent on her to look after him. Johnny loves Victoria and does whatever she tells him to do.

Two months ago, Johnny transferred all his property to Victoria. He passed away a few days ago. Joe claims that the contract is voidable. Discuss.
​ (20 marks)
[Total: 50 marks]

quincy

This site handles U.S. law questions only, too, so even if this wasn't a class assignment, we wouldn't be able to help. Laws vary in significant ways from country to country.

Good luck.

(As a note, I scored 30 marks on the first portion and 20 marks on the second, which earns me full credit. My "contract discussion" was great. :p)

justalayman

Can anyone provide me some feedback?

(a) ​Phing, the 17-year-old daughter of a wealthy businessman is currently studying at a University College at Kelana Jaya.

(i) Last January she bought a luxury car, Audi R8, worth RM 900, 000. The car has now been delivered but she is unable to pay for it.
​

Phing is fiscally irresponsible and should not be allowed to attend college until she has some true understanding of the value of a ringgit. She foolishly contracted to purchase a vehicle for RM 900,000 when the MSRP of the vehicle is only RM 350,536.1
​ ​
​(ii) ​Last month she bought a car called Myvi worth RM40,000 to be used as a ​transport to travel back and forth from the college.​
maybe there is salvation. If she spent RM 40,000 on a vehicle that is priced starting at RM43,912 and up to RM61,213, maybe she is a bit of a dealer after all when it come to spending a ringgit.
​​ ​

​
(b) ​Johnny is an old man. He has two children, Joe and Victoria. Johnny has informed everyone that when he dies, the property is to be shared equally among Joe and Victoria. He stays with Victoria and is totally dependent on her to look after him. Johnny loves Victoria and does whatever she tells him to do.

Two months ago, Johnny transferred all his property to Victoria. He passed away a few days ago. Joe claims that the contract is voidable. Discuss.
I think Joe is just pissed off. He likely was often heard throughout his life exclaiming to Victoria: dad always liked you better
​

OHRoadwarrior

Phing was on a fling. Daddy should let the dealer keep Phings money and the car, unless he wants a new toy. Phing's fling is apparently over and she is buckling down for college. Daddy is relieved.

Joe needs to stop money grubbing. He obviously did not care enough to be there enough to wipe dads butt after he crapped himself or spoon feed him, so he would not starve. Victoria loved him enough not to institutionalize him and should be commended.

Proserpina

Phing was on a fling. Daddy should let the dealer keep Phings money and the car, unless he wants a new toy. Phing's fling is apparently over and she is buckling down for college. Daddy is relieved.

Joe needs to stop money grubbing. He obviously did not care enough to be there enough to wipe dads butt after he crapped himself or spoon feed him, so he would not starve. Victoria loved him enough not to institutionalize him and should be commended.

Would that be Victoria's secret, I wonder? :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">