• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much shares can I have after leaving a company?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yuman

As one of the cofounders of company K, I am going to leave the company recently. Per our agreement, I shall give up my intangible property associated shares but keep my cash contributed shares. I am wondering how much shares I should have after I leaving this company.

We have three cofounders, say A, B and C. I am C.
A’s Cash contribute was a1, A’s intangible property contribute was a2
B’s Cash contribute was b1, B’s intangible property contribute was b2
C’s Cash contribute was c1, C’s intangible property contribute was c2

If E=a1+b1+c1+a2+b2+c2, our initial percentages were
A%=(a1+a2)/E
B%=(b1+b2)/E
C%=(c1+c2)/E

If I leave and only keep my cash contribution shares, my (C’s) share percentage should be (c1+c2)/E or c1/(a1+b1+c1)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
As one of the cofounders of company K, I am going to leave the company recently. Per our agreement, I shall give up my intangible property associated shares but keep my cash contributed shares. I am wondering how much shares I should have after I leaving this company.

We have three cofounders, say A, B and C. I am C.
A’s Cash contribute was a1, A’s intangible property contribute was a2
B’s Cash contribute was b1, B’s intangible property contribute was b2
C’s Cash contribute was c1, C’s intangible property contribute was c2

If E=a1+b1+c1+a2+b2+c2, our initial percentages were
A%=(a1+a2)/E
B%=(b1+b2)/E
C%=(c1+c2)/E

If I leave and only keep my cash contribution shares, my (C’s) share percentage should be (c1+c2)/E or c1/(a1+b1+c1)?
First: This forum is for US law only.
Second: Yours is not a legal question. It is an accounting question. Please speak with a local CPA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">