• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help!! Law suit against my business partner...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dmitry

Hi!
I am in really big trouble!!!
My name is Dmitry. I live in SC. I am business owner. I have a little sandwich shop and i am in business for over 5 years. Also, i am getting my EMT national registry. I have perfect reputation in my little town. I help cha But here wee go... People took advantage of me. Two persons, excuse my language, screwed me over.
I took them to court.
I already have judgement against one of them for over $2.000.
I will have hearing against other one probably in a month or so. My lawyer said that i will win the case. This judgement will be for over $10.000.
However, these people will not pay me money. Only thing what judgement will do - mess up their credit history. But they do not care about it!!

Maybe some of you know what should i do.
I am in deep hole right now. I cant pay my bills. I had to lay off my employee, who has a little baby to feed. I feel horrible about it. But i cant afford paying. And it is not my fault. My business is doing pretty good, but because i have so many debts to pay - everything i make goes to my bills.
My fiancee and i have to live with my parents because we cant afford our own place.

What to do?

Antigone*

Hi!
My name is Dmitry. I live in SC. I am business owner. I have a little sandwich shop and i am in business for over 5 years. Also, i am getting my EMT national registry. I have perfect reputation in my little town. I help cha But here wee go... People took advantage of me. Two persons, excuse my language, screwed me over.
I took them to court.
I will have hearing against other one probably in a month or so. My lawyer said that i will win the case. This judgement will be for over $10.000.
However, these people will not pay me money. Only thing what judgement will do - mess up their credit history. But they do not care about it!!

I am in deep hole right now. I cant pay my bills. I had to lay off my employee, who has a little baby to feed. I feel horrible about it. But i cant afford paying. And it is not my fault. My business is doing pretty good, but because i have so many debts to pay - everything i make goes to my bills.
My fiancee and i have to live with my parents because we cant afford our own place.

What to do?
Getting the judgement is always the easy part. Collecting is almost always nearly impossible. It seems to me that you are expending your resources and energy funding a business that is not profitable. You and your fiance both need jobs that will enable you to pay your bills.

Forget about the judgements, at least in the short term.

Dmitry

No, my friend. Business is profitable. Always been profitable. I am there for five years, and never had problems with paying my bills.
Also i will start working for EMS soon.

My problem is - all my money goes to pay debts of my ex-business partner.
And my question is - how can i collect these money?
I wish i could just put him in jail. Or reposes his car or motobike.
Or maybe i should write to my congressman or something.
I am in trouble because of these two guys who put me in the whole.

Antigone*

No, my friend. Business is profitable. Always been profitable. I am there for five years, and never had problems with paying my bills.
Also i will start working for EMS soon.

My problem is - all my money goes to pay debts of my ex-business partner.
And my question is - how can i collect these money?
I wish i could just put him in jail. Or reposes his car or motobike.
Or maybe i should write to my congressman or something.
I am in trouble because of these two guys who put me in the whole.

Google how to enforce your judgment.

If you are living with your mommy and had to lay off employees then your business is not profitable. Go ahead write your Congressman, tell them tigi said hi:rolleyes:

latigo

Hi!
I took them to court.

What to do?
Somehow you've been able to come up with the cash to pay your attorney or he or she has enough confidence in your lawsuit and chances of collecting the $10,000 and has thus taken the case on a contingency (percentage of recovery.).

Either of which will cast some suspicion on the seriousness of your claimed dilemma.

Whatever, stay on good terms with your parents.

LdiJ

Google how to enforce your judgment.

If you are living with your mommy and had to lay off employees then your business is not profitable. Go ahead write your Congressman, tell them tigi said hi:rolleyes:
My understanding is that he has bills he is stuck with that have nothing to do with his business...and that is what is putting him in the hole.

Antigone*

My understanding is that he has bills he is stuck with that have nothing to do with his business...and that is what is putting him in the hole.
If he is having to pay "bills that belong to a business partner" then they are business related;) No matter what, he is in a whole and it seems to me that more income is what he needs to get out of the whole.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">