• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I own a Home Improvement company and a homeowner will not pay the balance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ahs2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I own a home improvement company. I was contracted to order and install a door. The Home owner thought the door was taking too long and called his credit card company to get the deposit reversed. Unfortunately, I either did not see the letter from Am Ex, or I never received it, but apparently it stated that I had to respond about the issue or the deposit would be reversed. The door then arrived and was installed. The homeowner paid the balance (or what I thought was the balance) but the deposit was reversed and now the homeowner is avoiding me when I ask for the outstanding balance to be remitted. I have sent letters, and even sent a representative to his house and hand deliver a letter requesting he pay the balance. What can I do? It is only $400 but the balance is owed.

Ahs2009

That is what I thought. Just wasn't sure if there was something else I should do before that happens. I was actually going to make one last personal visit with a camcorder and ask him if he is refusing to pay. What about maybe filing a police report just for the record? Is there any harm in doing these things?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That is what I thought. Just wasn't sure if there was something else I should do before that happens. I was actually going to make one last personal visit with a camcorder and ask him if he is refusing to pay. What about maybe filing a police report just for the record? Is there any harm in doing these things?
There really is no HELP in doing these things. Stop playing games and file suit...tomorrow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">