• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want out of a working relationship.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grandemocha

California.
I am a freelance entertainer and I have an agent that procures jobs for me but she also controls my finances. I recently opened my own team of entertainers as well under a business name (that which she has all control over as well). I want out of the working relationship with her (at least as far as taking my finances out of her hands). She has power of attorney and she also provides my accountant (a friend of hers) so basically what I want to do is cut her off entirely as far as that goes but I would like to blindside her with it for fear she will cause detriment if there is forewarning.
What type of lawyer should I go to. I would like for a lawyer or myself (depending on the advice I receive), to go to her one day and just say, hey, you no longer have power of attorney, no longer have access to my money, and I want an audit or accounting of all my income.
Basically, I want to take control out of her hands, stop her from being able to move funds, make withdraws etc. and want to know where my money is (maybe an audit). Again, would like to do this without forewarning.
What should I do, get a lawyer? And what type of lawyer. Thanks for any help folks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

Sounds like you don't have the guts to deal with someone who presumably didn't hold a gun to your head and force you into the arrangement that you made. A reputable entertainment lawyer is not going to "blindside" anyone when his or her client approaches him or her with a legitimate case.

grandemocha

A big thanks to senior member Hot HEAD

Wow, thanks a lot. What a huge help you have been. I am soooo glad I found this forum where I can get a legit answer without negativity and hostility. Thanks again!!

ANST

Try to stay positive

Remember you are on the internet and will get a variety of responses. Some good some bad, you have to determine. I'm not a lawyer, but I would make a list of all my accounts go to each insitution get the appropriate paper work for removing authority for any tranactions having them only in my name. Ensure each account are aware completely of the changes. Have someone you trust to be with you when you tell her. Have her sign off on each account. If the banks, institutes require that both parties are at their location for signing off authority, then I would get an attorney to handle the proceedings. An officer of the law maybe able to pull this off for you.
Why does this person have so much power anyway? Something does quite smell right. Just trying to help. Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">