• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indep. Contractor suing a suspended LLC in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smallclaimsguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I'm an independant contractor in CA that does various website stuff for companies. I have a company that doesn't seem to want to pay me for my services. Their LLC is suspended by the SoS but somehow have active state and federal licenses required for their company to perform what they do. I know they are actively conducting business. Also, they are currently asking me to perform various website services for them so it's not like they are not happy with my work -- in fact I have not had a single complaint, ever, from anyone.

According to CCP § 410.60, because the LLC is suspended, I can go after the stock holders, etc. and bypass the corporation.

Apparently I can also still sue the LLC and they wouldn't be able to defend themselves because they are suspended (I can't remember the CCP for that though). Does this mean if I sue the LLC I automatically win my case if I show up to court on the date set?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">