• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independant Contractor Owed by LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NRH

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I am an Independant Contracter that I had been doing work for an LLC for most of 2008 into mid 2009. My wages were based on the process of me completing work for the company, the company selling the product that I made to a buyer, the buyer supplies funds to the company and then the company to me. Throughout the year some of the work I did for them would take from 2 weeks to 1 month to make its way back into my pocket. The company never offered me any invoice for the paychecks that I was receiving; and of course, I being full of faith that they would pay, had no issue with that. At the begining of 2009 I went through my records and realized that I had not been payed on a large sum of labor adding up to about $9000. I brought the issue up with the manager of that area and he acknowledged that they hadnt payed me and they would have to pay me in parts. I accepted his comments and continued working for several more months until I realized that I still was not getting fully payed my dues. Just as I was planning to get into a lawsuit, the manager with which I had been speaking about my missing dues empytied the companies bank account embezzeling 70k and disappeared. Do to the missing money, the company lost all power to sustain its self and was reduced to just the two co-owners working to keep it afloat.

Is there any way that I can get my money that I am owed? The owners of the LLC are pressing charges against that manager that embezzeled all the money, would I need to be envolved in that lawsuit? Any guidance please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">