• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independent Contractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scapilot47

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio .. I am an independent contractor (S Corporation) for a Limousine company in Fairfield Ohio. I have been with them for about 2 years. I have a few questions.

Can they mandate me to show up 2 hours prior to a run and not pay me for that time ?

Is it legal for them to threaten to put me on the bottom of the work list for three weeks if I don't comply with orders?

Can they record a phone conversation without your knowledge?

Can they mandate that I train a new driver without compensation for training ?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio .. I am an independent contractor (S Corporation) for a Limousine company in Fairfield Ohio. I have been with them for about 2 years. I have a few questions.

Can they mandate me to show up 2 hours prior to a run and not pay me for that time ?

Is it legal for them to threaten to put me on the bottom of the work list for three weeks if I don't comply with orders?

Can they record a phone conversation without your knowledge?

Can they mandate that I train a new driver without compensation for training ?
You are a corporation who is contracting your services to the limousine company. They can compel you to do whatever your written contract with them says that you have to do...no more...no less.

However, it may be legal for them to put you at the bottom of the list for any reason at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">