• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independent Contractor working for Two Competitors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kingdoe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello all. Have a quick question.

I offer my services as a Independent contractor to two local competitors.

Biz A knows about me working for Biz B, but Biz B does not know about me working Biz A. Biz B had me sign a formal contract, Biz A did not. I have a falling out with Biz B and offered (per our contract) my services for another 30 days, I believe they have declined that offer. Due to some circumstances Biz B may find out that I had worked for Biz A in the past, or at the same time.

Looking through my contract with Biz B i see nothing that says anything about a non-compete (I would of never engaged in other business if there was). There is of course a confidentiality clause, where it basically says I agree to not disclose and information to any other business. Which of course I never have. And if there was a breach of confidentiality wouldn't they need hard evidence?

Biz B is pretty pissed so I am just covering my ass. I did my job and the work was more than satisfactory, I am just making sure I am standing on solid ground post client departure.

Thanks any info would be much appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">